Since its release early 2014, the T-Fal FV4495 Ultraglide Easycord has gradually become more and more popular thanks to its amazing value for money. You’re basically getting features that you would find on more expensive steam irons. In this review, I’ll be taking a look at whether the T-Fal FV4495 is really that good, or it just looks good on paper.
Average User Rating:
Versatile Cord – The easycord system has a flaptail movement (moves up and down) as well as 360 degree rotation, making the generously long 12 ft. cord easy to maneuver and it never gets in the way of your ironing.
Good Self Cleaning Abilities – The integrated anti-calc/scale and anti-drip system means that the steam iron is able to be better maintained, ensuring a longer lifespan.
Good Stability – When placed upright on its heel, it’s a lot more stable than many other irons because it has a large and well balanced base.
Excellent Value – With all the features that you get with the T-Fal FV4495, it should actually be more expensive than it is, but it’s not, so we’ve given it the ‘Best Value’ award.
|Our User Rating|
|Soleplate||Ceramic Scratch Resistant Nonstick Soleplate|
|Water Tank||9 oz|
|Extra Features||+ Vertical Steam|
+ Variable Steam
+ Extra large heel for extra stability
+ Anti-scale system removes limescale
|Dimensions||11.1" x 5.3" x 5.9"|
|Warranty||1 year (Ceramic Soleplate Lifetime)|
The people that know the most about a product is those that have actually used it consistently over a period of time. We’ve researched over 20 real user reviews to highlight the positives and negatives of their experiences with the T-Fal FV4495 steam iron.
Design & Construction
The sleek black design of the T-Fal FV4495 is one of the better designed steam irons that we’ve seen. Its build quality rivals more expensive steam irons, so you won’t have to worry about it falling apart for years to come. Starting off with the water tank, which has a 9 oz capacity, larger than what many other steam irons can offer.
The water refill port is conveniently placed at the front just above the water spray, and with a large port, you can easily top up water by placing it directly beneath a tap.
At the back is the large triangle heel which provides excellent stability when it’s placed upright, so you won’t have to worry much about the iron getting knocked over. It’s also really handy for wrapping the cord around it.
Most users have praised the ceramic soleplate of the T-Fal FV4495 because of its smooth gliding abilities. While it’s true that many other steam irons also have great gliding capabilities which is nothing new, they also tend to be more expensive than the T-Fal FV4495.
You’ll also notice the pointy tip of the soleplate, which makes it much easier to iron out the creases between those awkward buttons and along the seams. There are 64 steam vents, more than many other steam irons regardless of price, giving it a good steam distribution.
The T-Fal FV4495 Ultraglide Easycord has found its way to become one of the top-rated and bestselling steam irons, despite it only being released in February 2014. Here are some of the main points that have been highlighted by customers.
- It’s one of the more lightweight steam irons, making it ideal for people with hand and wrist problems.
- The handle has a nice soft grip at the top which adds comfort when maneuvering the well-balanced steam iron.
- Steam output at 35 g/min (continuous) 100 g/min (burst) and is good for its price range.
- Continuous steam and steam burst both works at all temperatures.
- The iron arrives at temperature fairly quickly thanks to its powerful 1725 watt engine.
- The large steam burst and water spray buttons are located just above the handle making them easily accessible.
- The steam can be a bit noisy compared to other steam irons.
- You’re going to have a hard time trying to figure out the instruction manual as it only contains pictures without text. One user said “it’s like trying to interpret hieroglyphics”.
- There are 4 auto-steam settings, but setting 1 doesn’t produce enough steam to have an effect.
- The lightweight of it can be a negative for some since there’s less pressure to get out creases when ironing.
Ease Of Cleaning
It’s impressive that T-Fal has integrated an anti-calc/scale system into this model considering the fair price point. However, according to the instructions, it’s recommended that you clean the wand that’s located within the water reservoir twice a month, which may seem a bit excessive for some.
Some users have stated that this is not necessary and have gone on to use it perfectly fine for an entire month without cleaning it. It also has a self-cleaning feature that should be activated once a month to get rid of water impurities.
Here’s a brief video review by one user who shows you certain features and functions of the T-Fal FV4495.
- Comfortable and easy to maneuver around thanks to its soft grip handle and smooth gliding soleplate.
- A well thought out cord design consisting of a flaptail and 360 degree rotation.
You’ll be hard pressed to find another steam iron that offers better value than the T-Fal FV4495 Ultraglide Easycord. It doesn’t do anything particularly great when compared with the more expensive steam irons, but it does everything good. Overall, it’s just such a well-rounded and great value steam iron that will be one of those purchases that you’ll always be proud of.
Average User Rating:
- Top 10 Best Steam Irons Comparison Chart 2016
- Top 5 Best Steam Generator Irons Comparison Chart
- Top 10 Best Ironing Boards Comparison Chart